Citizen Advisory Boards
Board of Adjustment
The Board of Adjustment is established by ordinance to hear and decide matters where variances and appeals to the City's zoning codes are concerned. This five member board is appointed by the Mayor with consent of the Board of Aldermen and serves staggered three year terms.
- Hear and decide appeals to city zoning codes
- Conduct and hold all hearings as open public meetings
Planning and Zoning Commission
The Planning and Zoning Commission is established by ordinance for the purpose of establishing, implementing and overseeing a City Plan for the physical development of the City. This seven member Board serves staggered terms and includes the Mayor as one of its members.
- Adopt a citywide Comprehensive Plan for development
- Oversee the implementation of the City's Comprehensive plan
- Ensure compliance with zoning ordinances
Park Board Advisory Committee
The Park Board Advisory Committee is established by ordinance to serve as an oversight committee for park operations and facilities management. The Advisory Committee's nine (9) members meet monthly and are appointed by the Mayor with confirmation by the Board of Aldermen. Members serve staggered three year terms.
- Review and identify park and facility needs
- Prepare and submit purchasing requests for park related activities
- Propose capital improvements and identify costs and funding sources
For more information contact City Hall.
The Library Board is established by ordinance to oversee the operation of the City's public library system. The Board's nine members are appointed by the Mayor, with consent of the Board of Aldermen, and serve staggered three year terms.
- Appointing the head librarian
- Set policy and procedure for the library system
- Oversee the expenditure of library funds
Airport Advisory Committee
The Airport Advisory Committee is established by ordinance to advise the Board of Aldermen relative to the maintenance, capital improvement and safety of the Bowling Green Municipal Airport. The Board's three members are appointed by the Mayor with consent of the Board of Aldermen and serve staggered three year terms.
- Ensure compliance with applicable safety standards, laws and regulations
- Serve in an emergency response capacity in the event of an emergency
- Aid in developing and implementing the Airport Master Plan